Prof. Dr. Kamel O. Mahadin, ASLA, IFLA
Architect, Landscape Architect
+ 962 (6) 5862320 / 24
As of August 2nd Prof. Dr. Kamel Mahadin has been appointed as a chief commissioner of Aqaba Special Economic Zone Authority therefore he withdraws from MK Associates and MEALA as a Chairman of the Board.
Former Minister of Water and Irrigation.
Founder of MEALA (Middle East Academy for Landscape Architects )
Married : Khalidah Maaitah Mahadin
Children: Tariq, Yazen, Amer, Tamara
1984-1987 Texas A& M University, Doctorate in Environmental Design
1982-1984 Louisiana State University, Masters of Landscape Architecture
1976-1979 Kansas State University Bachelor of Architecture.
1976-1977 University of Missouri, Architectural Studies
1972-1976 American University of Beirut, Architectural
Medals, Awards and Honors
- Medal from the French President, 1999.
- Norwegian Cross Medal, Norway, 1999.
- Jordan's 1st Medal- Presented by His Majesty King Abdullah the Second.
- Recipient, the Rodney L. Tabor Outstanding Student Achievement Award, Texas A & M University.
- Recipient, the 1987 Departmental Teaching Achievement Award, Texas A & M University.
- United States Achievement Academy, National Collegiate Architecture & Design Award as one of the Nation's outstanding students in architecture and environmental design, spring 1987.
- Honor Certificate from ASLA (American Society of Landscape Architects) 1987.
- Recipient, the 1987 ASLA Graduate Student Award, Teaching Assistantship from the Department of Landscape Architecture at Texas & M University.
- Teaching Assistantship from the Department of landscape Architecture at Texas A & M University.
- Graduate Service Assistantship from the Office of Budget and Planning at Louisiana State University.
- Full Scholarship from the United States Agency for International State University to get Bachelor of Architecture.
- Fireside Diplomat from the Mid-Florida Council for International Visitors, Inc.
2006 - 8/2012 Chairman of the Board Of MK Associates, Jordan, Turkey, Iraq
6/2010 - 8/2012 Chairman of the Board Of (MEALA).
6/1987 Founder MK Associates, Amman
11/2009 - 11/2010 Member of Board of Trustees in University of Jordan
3/1999 - 6/2000 Minister of Water & Irrigation
1/1997 - 3/1999 Director General, Petra Regional Council.
4/1995 - 1/1997 Consultant, The Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities.
9/1994 Unimed Representative in Jordan.
4/1993 - 1/1997 Consultant, The Hashemite Royal Court.
5/1993 - 8/1994 Consultant, Al-Albiet University.
9/1991 - 6/1994 Coordinator, The Aga Khan Unit for Islamic Studies.
9/1991 - 2/1995 Chairman, Department of Arch. University of Jordan.
2/1988 - 7/1992 Consultant, Greater Amman Municipality.
10/1990 - 10/1995 Consultant, Mu'tah University.
2005 - 2007 Professor, University of Jordan
9/1994 - 2005 Associate Professor, University of Jordan.
6/1987 - 9/1994 Assistant Professor, University of Jordan.
9/1986 - 6/1987 Visiting Lecturer, Texas A & M University.
5/1985 - 9/1986 Campus Planner, Louisiana State University.
9/1984 - 5/1985 Teaching Assistant, Texas A & M University.
9/1983 - 8/1984 Graduate Assistant, Louisiana State University.
1/1980 - 8/1982 Instructor, University of Jordan.
6/1980 - 8/1982 Architect, Jafar Tukan & Partners.
"Landscape in Built Environment, Enriching Urban Middle Eastern Cities" By Dr. Kamel O. Mahadin, Dr. Ali Abu Ghanimeh, Arch. Abdel Qader Tarabieh, Arch. Anan Kakani, Arch. Yasmeen Al Nasharti.
The Effect Of High Rising Buildings On The Human Behavior In Amman, Case Study " High Rising Buildings At Khalid Ibn Al Waleed, Jabal Al Hussein . By Dr. Kamel O. Mahadin, Dr. Ali Abu Ghanimeh, Arch. Abdel Qader Tarabieh.
Books in progress
"Principles of Landscape Architecture", under editing, expected for publication 2012.
"New Horizon", under design, expected for publication 2012
Competitions, Exhibitions and Lectures
- Irbid's Municipality Competition, King Abdullah the Second Park on 240 donums of Land, the 2nd prize, 2006.
- A TV program about Kamel Mahadin Biography (2 Episodes 55 minutes) 2007.
- Two film documentary (thirty minutes each) about Prof. Kamel Mahadin work and achievement, 2002, 2004.
- More than 60 lectures at national, regional and international level.
- Royal Yacht Club, a Recreational, and Commercial Project in Aqaba, Jordan on 37 donums of Land, First Prize, summer 1991.
- Amman's Greater Municipality Main Building Competition, Amman, Jordan 3rd prize, 1989.
- "Neu Vu", Faculty Art Exhibition College of Architecture, Texas A & M University, Nov. 1986.
- Al-Abdali main park, Amman's Greater Municipality, competition in venture with Naser Associates, Amman, Jordan 1st prize. 2004.
- "Images in the Landscape". Van L. Cox, Phil. Thompson, Kamel Mahadin; Art Exhibition.
- New College of Design, Louisiana State University, Dec. 2-12, 1985.
- "Travel Sketches of Kamel Mahadin". Louisiana State University, July 84, Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- Aga Khan Trust for Culture, Overview Committee Member.
USA (Louisiana, Texas), Jordan.
International Federation of Landscape Architects (IFLA)
American Society of Landscape Architecture (ASLA)
Jordan Society of Architects and Engineers
Tau Sigma Delta Lambda Alpha.
P.O. Box: 556, Amman, 11831
Dahyet Al Ameer Rashid, Princes Tharwat Al Hasan St
Next to Philadilphia Hospital, Bldg #61
+962 (0) 65862320 / 4